IT Infrastructures for Genomic Data Management and Clinical Practice
with Niklas Blomberg, Ph.D., ELIXIR Director, ELIXIR Hub, EMBL-EBI, United Kingdom
An-Dinh Nguyen interviews Niklas Blomberg of ELIXIR on 7 October 2013. Dr. Blomberg will be a keynote speaker during the High-Scale Computing conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Bioinformatics for Managing Large Data Volumes
- Sustainable IT Infrastructures for Life Science Research and Clinical Practice
- Advances in IT Infrastructures for Genomic Data Management and Analysis
- ELIXIR’s Mission, Considerations and Challenges
Public Health Genomics, Data and Ethics
with Anne Cambon-Thomsen, M.D., Director, Research, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France
An-Dinh Nguyen interviews Anne Cambon-Thomsen of CNRS on 23 October 2013. Dr. Cambon-Thomsen will be a keynote speaker during the Genome Informatics conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Interdisciplinary Aspects of Public Health Research
- Ethical, Societal and Legal Issues
- Applications of Immunogenetics Research
- Genomic Data Sharing vs. Privacy Protection
Cloud Computing and Storage for Genomic Research and the Clinic
with Wolfgang Gentzsch, Ph.D., Co-Founder, The UberCloud HPC Experiment; Executive Consultant, HPC, Grid and Cloud; Advisor, EUDAT; Chairman, ISC Cloud Conferences, Germany
An-Dinh Nguyen interviews Wolfgang Gentzsch of The UberCloud HPC Experiment on 4 October 2013. Dr. Gentzsch will be speaking during the High-Scale Computing conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Cloud Computing Services for R&D Scientists and Engineers via UberCloud
- Progress in Cloud Computing and Storage for Genomic Research and Clinical Practice
- Challenges: Security, Data Management, Software License Restrictions
- EUDAT’s Collaborative Data Infrastructure
Genetics and the Public: The Impact of Research
with Heidi Carmen Howard, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Biomedical Ethics, IQ Healthcare, Radboud University Medical Centre, Netherlands and Senior Research Fellow, Département d’épidémiologie et de Santé Publique, INSERM, Faculté de Médecine, Université Toulouse, France
An-Dinh Nguyen interviews Heidi Carmen Howard of Radboud University Medical Centre and INSERM on 16 October 2013. Dr. Howard will be speaking during the Genome Informatics conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Translation of Genetic Data into the Clinic
- The Necessity of Ethical, Social and Legal Considerations in Genomics
- Genetics for Consumers, Patients and Public Health
Highlights from the Upcoming Clinical Exome Sequencing Conference
with Gholson J. Lyon, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Human Genetics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and Research Scientist, Utah Foundation for Biomedical Research, United States
Kip Harry interviews Gholson Lyon of the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on 13 September 2013. Dr. Lyon will be speaking during the Clinical Exome Sequencing conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Biology and Targeting of Cancer through Exome Sequencing
- Technical Steps for Exome Sequencing
- Analyzing Exome Data
- Implementing Exome Sequencing in a Clinical Lab
- Comparing and Contrasting Exome vs. Whole Genome Sequencing
- Exome Sequencing Survey of Cancers
- Standardizing Library Prep and Intra-Patient Genomic Heterogeneity
- Exome Sequencing for Candidate Gene Discovery with Clinical Samples
The Importance of RNA-Sequencing: Advantages, Applications and Challenges
with David I. Smith, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, United States and Melanie Lehman, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Kip Harry interviews Dr. David Smith from the Mayo Clinic, and Dr. Melanie Lehman from Queensland University of Technology for the upcoming RNA-Seq and Transcriptome Analysis meeting, 5-6 December in Lisbon, Portugal.
Discussion points during the interview include:
- The advantages of using RNA-Seq for expression analysis over microarrays
- The impact of RNA-Seq on research and recent advances in the applications of this technology
- Ways in which RNA-Seq is being utilized clinically
- Current challenges/limitations with RNA-Seq
Genetic Analysis of Cancer: Computational and Collaborative Approaches
with Zoltan Szallasi, M.D., Senior Research Scientist, Children’s Hospital Informatics Program, Harvard Medical School, United States and Professor, Systems Biology, Danish Technical University, Denmark
An-Dinh Nguyen interviews Zoltan Szallasi of Harvard Medical School and Danish Technical University on 23 October 2013. Dr. Szallasi will be speaking during the Genome Informatics conference at the Clinical Genomics & Informatics Europe Conference & Expo on 4-6 December, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Clinical Validation and Analysis of Cancer Genomic Data
- Computational and Experimental Methods for Detecting Genomic Instability
- Quantifying Homologous Recombination in Tumor Biopsies
- Platinum Sensitivity in Breast Cancer
- Adapting to Next-Generation Sequencing